Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do you think Mary ever put Jesus in timeout?

Well...Do you? This Advent Season I've tried to be reflective...to think of happy memories, to make memories, to challenge myself and my family, to love deeper, hug longer, and smile more. BUT...somedays, my kids still drive me nuts, I feel like crying because I'm so overwhelmed, and I just want to have a beer, take a bath, and go to bed.

During those times, I've tried not to think "WWJD?" ( What would Jesus Do?) but rather "WWMD?" ( What would Mary Do?). I'm connected to her. We are mothers and when I'm having a bad day and I just want to yell at my kids, I ask myself if Mary might have ever been annoyed by the escapades of Jesus. If Jesus ran around the house and causes a mess, if he didn't eat all his veggies or said unkind things that made her want to smack his bottom.

We;ve done alot of Jesus talk this Advent season. Alaric is old enough now and so inquisitive. He is feeling connected to this great man and its bring me closer as well.

So, in my opinion- I think Mary did put Jesus in timeout. I think she did get annoyed with him and wished she too could simply have a beer and take a break. It makes me feel better thinking that the mother of the guy who is supposed to be perfect all the time had bad days too.

Good luck with your bad days- I'm feeling much better about mine!

No comments: