Monday, December 12, 2011

P.P.P. Pretzels!!!!

This week the Kindergarteners are focusing on the letter P and I went in to Alaric's class today to do a project with P. We made soft pretzels.

I made the dough in the morning.
Gave each kid a blog and let them create!


Everyone had so much fun and it made my heart so proud that Alaric was happy I was there.


They were so creative. I had a blast watching them decide what to make and then trying to turn the dough into a masterpiece.


While Mrs. Elliot put them in the cafeteria oven, I read the kids Peter Pan and we practiced Peter Piper tongue twisters.




When the pretzels came out they were MASTERPIECES. The recipe was amazing and everyone's came out with a nice golden crust on the outside and soft and hot on the inside. I slathered butter on plates and the kids LOVED it!


Great Kiddos!!!!


I saved 4 blobs of dough for home so Mara could participate too. They loved making them right before dinner. Amara made a telephone and a heart. Alaric made a snail and a....a...


What do you think this is?


I know, I know. I did a double and then a triple take as I gained my composure and played out responses in my mind.




"Baby, what did you create?"




"Its the letter i"




"The letter i? It doesn't look like the letter i to me, hon."




"Mom, that's because its a lowercase i and I made the dot on top a smiley face. Can't you see it?"




" Yes. I see it now. I see it"




I waited until Bri got home from work before I put it in the oven. I needed him to see this for himself.

2 comments:

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

I think Alaric was just adding to the "P" theme of the day... a Penis Pretzel! :) Hillarious!

Mira said...

thanks for making me laugh at my desk this morning. Yep, penises are still funny.