Friday, May 6, 2011

Outstanding Young Woman- Church Women United

My church nominated me for a local Outstanding Young Woman Award through the local chapter of the most diverse women's religious group internationally, Church Women United.

What a huge honor and what a wonderful night. After meeting the other recipients, I was even more honored to be part of such an incredible group of women-WOW!

The 11 of us got to get to know each other better and share our stories of comittment to our churches and what we do to make a difference and how we feel the presence of God in our lives.

Then we joined the rest of the celebration and spoke in front of the Church Women United group and again gave our testimony. It was a really nice evening.
I was MOST excited to find out that one of my oldest church friends, Sarah, was also being honored by her church. She is the same age as my brother and I grew up with her and her sisters since birth at McKinley. What fun it was to see her again and be able to share the night.

I was so proud to be part of the group of women ( and one male pastor), who came to celebrate with me. My mom was my guest but the other 5 women pictured here are active participants in CWU and the are incredible representatives for our church!

I was so grateful to have my mom there with me and could see her beaming in the crowd when I gave my speech. Thanks Mom!

Thanks Jane and McKinley for nominating me!

1 comment:

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

Katie! I didn't know you were nominated for this! What an honor! CONGRATULATIONS & so well deserved! You are amazing!