Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The best day EVER!!!

Ya know how yesterday I said was my perfect fall afternoon? Well I lied- today topped it FOR SURE!!! Brian was home today working around the house while the kids were at my mom and dad's house and I was at St. Matthew working. I had a great day at work but part of it was the promise to get home fast and GO FLY A KITE!!! Seriously! Our schedules this fall have not allowed us to make good on the promise to the kids the use their super cool kites they got at a b-day party the first week in September...until today. Me and the kids rushed home, packed up the stroller, and walked down the street to Lincoln School to FLY OUR KITES!!!

Brian and the kids prep the kites!
The first one is UP! So exciting. I even have giddy butterflies in my tummy as I write this and re-live my sweet angel, Alaric's face as he saw it take flight for the first time and as I watched him chase daddy all over the field. It was pure joy!Amara shows off, and steps on her kite!
Alaric got the hang of it and was able to hold the end of the string and actually fly his own kite.
Then I tried with Amara's! Damn it, I could even do it one handed!
Everyone ran around and around and around as the kites took flight!
Then we headed to the swings. Brian and I always hope our kids will be swing kids since it's our favorite playground activity and we could do it for hours. Well, our kids didn't disappoint us! They hung out on the swings for 10 minutes! Loved it!
Oh yeah....I was stung by a bee while flying a kite. I don't think I've been stung since I was 10 years old. Gosh it hurt- it burned, HOT! I fussed about it for awhile but the swings kept me motivated to stay happy!
Bri and Amara share a moment
My big girl!
The slides were a big favorite- over and over and over!
Alaric climbed up the ladder and just like always, Amara wanted to do the same. She tried and tried but never got past the first bar ( thank God)
Favorite moment of the day....watching my sweet baby kiss her Daddy through each of the holes in the play structure. She makes sweet kissy noises each time she leaned forward. It melted my heart!Look at my other sweet baby!
We walked the two blocks home to the most amazingly beautiful tree- ours outside of our home! God's beauty!
We headed straight into the Smith's yard to again play in the leaves- HEAVEN!
Nothing is more fun that leaves! It was the kids this time but I assure you it will be me before the leaves get bagged.
Oh what a great day! I loved it! I love my husband, my kids, my life!
****Video of Daddy and Alaric at the school learning how to pump on the swings- such a big boy!

Flying a kite!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the Fall! And more than that, I love you and your family. I am so excited to have that pure joy feeling just watching your kids have fun. How does that work? I love it! Amara kissing Bri through the poles? Priceless. The photo of you and A hugging, adorable. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. I am happy that you are so happy! xo.

I am Harriet said...

Hi Katie!
I can't believe how big your kids are. You guys all look great!

I am hoping to be at the meet-up. I always forget to go to those things- D'oh!

See ya