Friday, August 5, 2011

I feel lighter

I wish I could tell you it was because I'm losing weight but its instead because I had this weird growth removed from my chest. It had become larger and more painful over the past month and I went to the doctor on Friday assuming I would get it drained or something so we could make it less ugly.

Instead, I ended up having it removed completely and when the doctor opened it up, she was a bit perplexed to find it was simply scar tissue layered on top of each other.
So, because of it's odd consistancy and it's size, she cut it wide and deep and left me with 5 stitches, which ironically will cause a significant scar but it's gone and I feel better! It's been sent away for testing and we'll know in a few days if there is anything fishy about it but I assume it will be fine.

I'm wearing this plastic tape over it to keep it dry and stitches come out Friday!

No comments: