Monday, March 19, 2012

My Birthday

Since I was leaving my house with 4 friends at 6:30AM, our traditional Breakfast in bed was EARLY and I had to be fully dressed and ready to go under the covers. It worked out great...

My sweeties came in with gifts in hand and delivered BACON FILLED waffles, strawberries, and pineapple orange juice- amazing!!!
We make our gifts and cards, not buy so I was overjoyed to see that my babies made me my very own Lego creations!

They also used their handprints to make these beautiful paper lilies and I also got incredible homemade cards! What a perfect start to the day!

5 of us from The Moms Group went to Illinois State for the day for the National Mommy Conference of Hearts at Home! My best friend, Jenny, joined us from Chicago and we all got to spend the day today. it was amazing to celebrate our faith and mommyhood together!

Keynote speakers were Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar! They were really great!

I even got to hear them speak at a workshop on Practical Parenting Tips with the Duggars!

I also got to reconnect with one of my best friends from Highschool- Sarah Bain!!! LOVED IT!

I got home at 6:30 and Brian was on the porch to greet me. He had gotten rid of the kids for a few hours and had made me my favorite meal, Chicken Katie ( brian named it for me since its all my favorite things- goatcheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in a cresent roll and covered with a white wine sauce. Served with asparagas). We had it by candlelight and listened to music BY OURSELVES!!! No kids! Then we headed to DQ- ALONE and then picked up the kids. It was incredible!

No comments: