Saturday, September 18, 2010

We are losing our marbles

Well, maybe not losing but definately collecting them! The kids and I went over to my friends house last Monday for the evening while Brian was "preparing" for his colonoscopy. Her kids have marble jars. For each job they do they receive a marble. When their jar is full, they get to pick out a new toy at the store. Alaric declared Tuesday that he would have a Marble Jar. After explaining that would mean no garage sale toys, no treats at the grocery store, he agreed.

We went on a hunt for marbles around town and I headed to the computer to make up their "chores" sheets with pictures so they could do them without me telling them. They have morning, midday and evening chores and we evaluate what they've done before school, before nap, and before bed.

I started off with 2 small jars to see how it would go and 4 days in their jars are almost full. We will move to a larger jar soon. Who knows how long this kick will last but even if it's only for a week or so, I got my mirrors cleaned, the toys picked up and some help bringing groceries in!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Can you send me their chore list? I could not read them here and it sounds like such a great idea!

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

I hope it works! I might need to start marble jars here! One for Tanner, Nolan & Ryan! HA!