Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quad Cities Marathon...Brian's first half!

Brian and I left Galesburg at 5:30 to get to the Quad Cities for the 7:30 start. Brian, with his new look and energy was ready to go!
There was a great crowd and of course, Brian found people to talk to immediately as I stood on a wall with my fancy big zoom lense and snapped away- we were both happy!

Last goodbyes....

and they were off!

The kids, and Brian's parents, met me an hour or so later with signs, ready to cheer Daddy on!

After what seemed like forever, we finally saw Brian. We cheered and yelled and hooted and hollared...but i could tell he wasn't doing well. He wasn't his normal, post run high Bri! All I could do was yell at him and tell him I loved him and run to try to find him at the finish. This is his story.
And my sweet man was at the beer tent, sipping on beer #1 and #2 for the first time after taking a 2 month break from drinking to train. That's the Bri I know and love! He didn't reach his goal but finished his first half in 1 hour 50 minutes!! Impressive.

And our running family continues. I'm so proud of you, Brian! For making this comittment, training your ass off, making huge sacrifices, and completing this run! Never stop RacingHome to us!!!!! We love you!

No comments: