Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Playdate with some of my favorite people

Today was an incredible day. My best friend who lives in Spain is here in America for 6 weeks while her husband is deployed to Afghanistan. She is spending two weeks in Illinois before heading to her sisters in Utah. Last week she came to my house for the day and today we headed to Normal to visit her. We asked another one of our college friends, Kristine and her two kids from Joliet to come too.

We started at the Children's Museum and it was a blast. Heather's daughter Olivia and Alaric loved to drive the truck!
Alaric wants to be a doctor...not really-still a fireman but he settled for saving lives at the hospital today!
The water table was a huge hit for Olivia, Natalie and Hayden.
Battle of the bows! Who's bow is bigger? Mara's or Olivia's?
Heather and Olivia take their turn in a Case I H
Hayden milks a cow
Kristine and Heather catch up. What fun it was to be together again. I rarity for Heather since she's so far away.
The museum crew...Alaric, Amara, Olivia, Natalie, and Hayden
Then we picked up McDonald's and headed to our other friend from college, Tiffany's house. Tiff didn't join us with her kids at the museum because she's my good friend that had QUADRUPLETS two years ago...4 two year olds by herself at the museum did not sound fun. Instead, we brought the fun to her. We had 9 kids under 4 and 4 mamas! It was wonderful.
Everyone ate wonderfully but just wanted to play in all the exciting toys the quads had.
The girls loved the pool full of balls! WHo wouldn't?
I Love my best friend! I miss you, Heather!
All 9!
Kristine, me, and Tiff!
Alaric, the oldest of the 9 kids, what honored to try and take our picture. Not bad.
What a wonderful day! It was great. I wish I could be with all of them more but the joys of motherhood and crazy lives take over. Thanks ladies! it was so fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

It was a fantastic day! I love you so much and miss you already!