Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's RIDE time!

No time to spare....the kids and I got up this morning and got ready to head to church and to my brother's graduation. Brian, no- not him- he got ready for a 46 mile bike ride in Monticello through the Lions Club! Our legs ached from the day before and the drizzling rain began and still- my amazing husband got ready for his ride!

He laid out his biking jersey and his lock-in bike shoes and got his energy bars ready to put in his jersey. Food is key on long rides ( I hear, what do I know?).

Gatorade bottles ready!
And my man...ready to go...all on his own. The kids and I planned to cheer and have signs to hold as we met him along his route but with other comitments, this journey was his own.
The kids were so proud of him too and hated to say goodbye this morning. Al kept his helmet on in support and Mara needed to ride his own bike just to be like Daddy.
Even with aching legs, Brian finished the ride in the rain! He took breaks, stretched, and loved the opportunity to see new parts of Piatt County, to be with fellow riders who understand his fascination with riding, and just to complete his longest bike ride ever!
I'm so proud of you Brian!

No comments: