Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!!!

Well, I have to show you my May Day gift to myself. My best friend Heather who lives in Spain is in America for 6 weeks while her husband is deployed to Afghanistan. She's staying at her in-laws in Bloomington for 2 weeks and she came down to spend the day with us Thursday. It was wonderful. She also helped me with a very long overdue project- the hospitality closet in the dining room. I know most people don't have a hospitality closet but most people don't have such an extensive platter collection either. Anyway, when I opened to doors to show HEather, she gasped in disgust and really said the mess was making her sweat a bit ( she's very organized). I wish I had a before picture to show you. Just imagine twice as much stuff, really- and it spilling off of every shelf. Now look at it!
It's so pretty. I've opened the doors a dozen times to admire it. There is even room to grow. We got rid of a ton of stuff for a garage sale. Heather didn't convince me to get rid of any of my paper napkin supply I love and have an obsession with but she did convince me downsizing was appropriate and I'm so grateful!

I told you already we did our May Day gifts for Jack and June last Monday since they were leaving town but today we dropped off the flowers and cards to Mary. She loved them. She got the cards and the big bouquet and my mom got the little bunch of lilies of the valley, her favorite flower.

No comments: