Sunday, December 8, 2013

Trimming the Tree

Tonight we trimmed the tree.  usually that simply means putting lights and decorations on it.  This year it actually meant LOTS of trimming of the actual tree to fit it in our living room.  The result was pretty amazing- thanks Brian!

The kids worked together to get the hundreds of ornaments on the tree
 Asking daddy to help place the higher ones
 Mara poured over her ornaments, picking the perfect one each time and wanting to hear about when she received it or how old it was.
 We sipped hot cocoa and listened to Christmas music- I was in heaven!
 Stretch!
 Brian and I always love looking at our ornaments together too...the ones we have from childhood, the ones from our early years, etc.
 This may possibly be the best tree ever!  I think I may say it every year but this year I mean it.  The tree is so special to me.  A real story book.  If you'd like to hear more about the tree, click here .
 We also put up a small tree in the basement!  It got trimmed as well.  We loved having another place to display our story!

No comments: