Friday, December 3, 2010

A New Challenge






Well...it's official...I'm signed up for the Illinois Marathon on Saturday April 30, 2011!!!!! Oh, no- I am NOT doing the 26.2 miles- HECK NO! I am however running the relay with a four person team and that's farther than I've ever ran before- more than 7.5 miles! It took me two years to get the courage to try to go from 3.2 to 4 miles so this will be a huge jump this winter and spring and I'm excited about it...and nervous.


I'm even more excited about who I am running with...Brian and I decided after we got to watch the Marathon last MAY that we would run the relay and asked on my blog if anyone wanted to do it with us. My girlfriend Mallory said she was IN with her hubby and we were so happy to have a team. Mallory and Stephen had to back out and Brian and I were wondering who we would do this with and if we'd be able to do it at all. I'm happy to announce that our new relay partners with be Brian's sister Anita and her boyfriend, Joe! YEAH! We are thrilled!

And our team name with be: Racing Home

You'll be able to check out our training and our progress on this blog or on Brian's BLOG

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I'm sorry we had to back out, but I am super excited that you found new partners! You'll do great!