Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baby it's Cold Outside-I LOVE THE SNOW...

...and so do my kids! YEAH!!! I don't like driving in it but when I'm fully covered in 12 layers of clothing and I'm with my kids- there is nothing better than a bit of time outside in the snow! After the first snowfall, we all were eager to get outside.

Snowball fights began immediately
As did snow angels
It's hard to see but we made our first snowman of the year...he was about a foot high since the snow wasn't packing.

Then. It happened. Something Brian had been contemplating for years and realized now could be the time. He asked if we wanted to try sledding at the Bridge Street interstate ramp like the dozens of other families we'd seen over the years. I wanted to say no but I also wanted to try and so..."YES!"
We were the only ones there but people had been before us. Bri took a test run and then it was me and Al and we were both nervous...I told him to think about it like a water slide in the Dells and just enjoy it! WE DID!! It was amazing! Some of the best sledding I've ever experienced.
Mara and Daddy were next and since she's fearless, we knew it would go well and it did!

Only problem is that with a great sled down it means a great hike back up...it was hard for all of us and it might be impossible with too much more snow. We heaved up and up and up!
It was my favorite moment in the snow with my kids ( to date) What a blast!


What a great afternoon!
Here is one of Amara and Daddy's runs! What fun!

No comments: