Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jenny's Baby Shower- BUN IN THE OVEN!

Jenny's shower was hosted by EIGHT, yup EIGHT of her best friends and it was so amazing! All 8 of us worked so hard to make it extra special for her. Everyone did their part to once again,make it an over-the top event!

Our theme was BUN IN THE OVEN and we had a cooking theme!





A few friends in Monticello sent me some pictures of the cutest little ovens to use as favors or decorations. I worked so hard on this little centerpiece and had a blast creating it. It's made from a shoebox. *Notice the cute little cupcakes on the sides made from baby socks. I first made these here.
My girlfriend Jill has this cool, super fancy paper cutter and she helped me with lots of things, including the oven mitts on the side that are hanging on a simple picture hook. The towel is hanging on a zigzag picture hanger and the stove top burners were found on googleimages and cut out.

The rack in the oven is a soap dish. The little muffin pan was from Mara's kitchen. The cinnabons and hot crossed buns were designed by my next door neighbor, June and made out of panty hose and tissue.


Erin made this gorgeous diaper cake!And Monica created two beautiful clotheslines with socks, pictures of Jenny and Joe as babies, and some paper cutouts!



Dee created a game for opening the gifts. Each person had to guess when they thought the baby would arrive, what the gender would be and a name suggestion. Then Jenny had to guess when she thought her due date would be. Whoever got that date won a prize. As she was opening each gift, we read off that person's guesses and names. Things got pretty creative in the name department.

Rachel and Lena handled all the food. YUM!!!Signs guided guests to the right location


Your hosts love you, Jenny!


I made the most incredible cinnabons I've ever had and they are to DIE FOR!!! I first made them for Brian for Father's Day. I really couldn't stop eating them at home or at the shower. I found them on a favorite blog here. I use more sugar and cinnamon and butter for the filling as I hate dry insides and a bit more cream cheese for the icing! GOTTA TRY THEM!
When our guest of honor arrived, she was overwhelmed to see Heather, one of my best friends who is in America visiting from Spain. Heather surprised Jenny!

Rachel's condo was a perfect location and SO beautiful!

Thanks Rach! I love, love, loved spending the afternoon setting up with her and sleeping over!

Catching up with old friends~

We couldn't get enough of the amazing mac and cheese our food chef demonstrated and cooked for us! It was awesome

Jenny's mom and Joe's mom take guesses on what's inside!

The kids helped me pick out Jenny's shower giftMy 4 bestfriends together again!

by the end of the night- the pregnancy bug had reached everyone and the talk and the look turned to babies!!!
Can't wait to meet Baby Murray- My guess is a boy on December 29th. Name, Michael Joseph!

No comments: