Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Dad turns 65!

Since we are German and my dad's b-day is in October, we often times head to GIbson City for the amazing German restaurant. But now that our family is a party of 10 and we have an itty bitty baby among us, it was easier to stay closer. That same German Restaurant just opened a little cafe in Urbana so there we headed.

We started with gifts after we ordered our food and Dan's was priceless. Dan is an artist and he definately surprised Dad when he drew a picture of Jacj, Dan, my Dad, and my Grandpa ( who died in the mid-80's). It not only was beautifully done but very emotional.

Dad was very touched
This picture of my grandpa is EXACTLY how he looked and how Dan and I remember him. It's just beautiful!
I have no idea what is going on here but the picture was too funny not to put in.
Then we gave dad a tribute tree at Allerton. He has a special dwarf apple tree tagged and named in his honor in the Brickwall gardens at Allerton. Even sweeter, Dad told us that his dad planted dwarf apple trees on their farm growing up.
While we waited for food, Dan changed Jack and he had an audience of 3- no pressure, Dan!
A Happy man! German beer, german food, noisy grandkids, and his family!
Bri works out a good burp from Jack
He was so alert ( for 10-20 second), we had to grab a shot!
Back at Mom and Dad's house, again I stole the baby and again my kids couldn't help but stare in amazement at their sweet little cousin
Three generations of Bechtel men!
Happy Birthday, Dad/Papa! We love you!


No comments: