Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My own piece of land! Oh, And 4 more days til the race!

Everyone needs their own piece of land and children are no different, especially our kids. This summer we've been working in our yard more than ever. We have flowers for the first time in 8 years, our grass is more green than brown AND we are trying to grow a few vegetables in a mostly shady yard. the kids want to help but often times we have to say no.



Well, a horticulturist from the U of I came to speak to my moms group and recommended giving each child their own piece of land to do whatever they wanted to...dig, plant, dig up again, etc. Brian and I both loved the idea and last night we finally got around to it!



Here's Alaric's. He wants to plant corn and daisies.

Amara wants to do anything Al does.

These three pictures together as I tried to get a good one of both of them were hilarious...





Covered in dirt I told the kids to get inside and stripdown for baths. Before I could stop either one of them, they were both stipping down to nothing outside on the patio.



And yes, I do have my camera with my at all times!


OH, only 4 more days til the Bike MS event!!! The kids are getting excited. Amara keeps yelling GO DADDY!

No comments: