Saturday, June 26, 2010

Annual Ribfest

Each year, the weekend before Independence Day, we celebrate Ribfest with our friends. It's a Rib competition.

Here Matt, a former winner, and Brian hang by their grills
Amara and the dozens of other kids LOVE Ribfest!
Last year's winner, Adam, couldn't be there today so his wife, Anne took his place. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of her. THis year we had two women contenders!
Matt
Jenny
John and Rich
Brian
Jake
Will

ClintDarren
Ryan
All the competitors
Maddie came with me and watched my kids, and all the others, most of the evening. Amara loved her!!!
The icecream truck drove by and Alaric got a treat. He was covered in popsicle by the end.
The judges take their job very seriously

There were 10 ribs to judge
Rookie of the year- JENNY!!!!3rd place- MATT!
2nd place- JAKE!!!!
AND 1st place....DARREN!!!!!Alaric and Charlie wrestled...we were so proud that Alaric was on top and not pinned underneath, I took a picture!
The girls
The guys
What an amazing day!

1 comment:

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

Next time you need some new judges, let us know!!! We'll help eat... ugh, I mean, judge! ;) It looks like SO much fun!!!