Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye tree

As you know, no decorations come down until after Epiphany. Today was the day. I was sad about it- especially when I began my beloved tree. One tradition I love that we do is outlining the kids handprint on the back of the tree skirt each year....since Bubba's first Christmas. I love to see their tiny hands and the dates and reflect. Sigh.... My tree was gorgeous this year but we went economical and we will not do it again next year. it stopped taking water the weekend before Christmas and as long as you didn't touch it, it was fine but by Christmas- every movement sent hundreds of needed to the ground. By the time I got the lights and every ornament off the tree, look what I had....


it looks worse than Charlie Browns. It served its purpose and was much loved!



No comments: