Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Madness

It's only 2PM and it's already been a crazy day. Here is Mara yesterday in her new hat- love it!

Around 6:30 this morning, Amara found her self in the linen closet exploring!
Alaric wanted a tattoo- this time it says "I LOVE DADDY" last week I had my turn. We called Daddy at work to tell him about the new tat and it brightened his day since he wasn't feeling well today.
The neighborhood cooks! We decided to make 15 dozen cookies today for fun! Here we are before we began!
It was messy but really fun!



Two hours later and surrounded by cookies, dishes, and dough-we were all done. I fed all 7 lunch outside since the entire back part of the house was destroyed.
The major madness of the morning came when I heard the treadmill in the basement turn on AND TURN UP HIGH!!!!!!! I run downstairs to find Alaric, Alyssa ( 4yrs old) and Hannah ( 8 yrs old) running for dear life. Just as I got to them to turn off the treadmill, Alaric tripped, then Alyssa, and Hannah. They were all thrown off, scared, and screaming! Hannah was fine-just a little skid off her foot, Alyssa next with skinned knees caused by the rubbing of the treadmill track. Alaric got it the worst....he is pretty burned....feet, knees, elbows (as they hit the treadmill), forehead, lips, and chin. Everyone was more scared than anything- including me and Amara who saw it all. The big girls took Mara away and I held the other little ones til they calmed down. Lesson learned-even though we actually use our treadmill everyday- we now will unplug it after use JUST IN CASE. Deep breath and we move on!






No comments: