Friday, August 10, 2012

My feet!

I'm now doing extracorporeal shock wave therapy ( ESWT) on my feet.  Here is the gun!
 Its the same tool they use to break up kidney stones.  This time, the goal is to break apart the scar tissue ( and fasciia if needed) and rebuild and regrow new tissue)

It hurts.  Not gonna lie.  If I wasn't numbed, it may be the most terrible pain ever.  I'm numbed however so really it's just uncomfortable- not horrible)

So first my doc injected the numbing shot.  This weird bubble appeared only on my right heel.
She told me she had to push sooooo hard ( you could see her physically strained) to get the liquid in because the area is so inflammed and swollen inside, there was no place for the medicine to go.

It only took about 10 minutes.

We shall see!

No comments: