Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Giving Tree

Now that the kids are older and "wiser", we are trying to teach virtues and values. There is no more important that Gratitude. Who and What we are thankful for.

Last year we created a Thanksgivingturkey that was a huge success in helping our kids be aware of what they are thankful for and allowing us the opportunity to share. This year, I made The Giving Tree!

Some branches from my neighbor's yard in a pretty vase with rocks made a beautiful centerpiece ( the kids helped pick the right branches, pour the rocks and the water in and put on the table). I then cute some turkeys out at work the other day and I let the kids pick three things to write on their turkey right away!

Bless his heart, the first thing Al said was "God"! I thought for SURE it would be Optimus Prime but it was GOD!!!!! WOW! Mara then said, "My Neighbors"
Taking after her Bubba, she then declares, "Jesus...he loves me" ( sigh....tear wiping)!Alaric also mentioned Will from school and his teacher's baby.
Brian and I did our own turkeys at dinner tonight too- I'm so grateful my kids keep me on my toes and surprise me by how deep and caring and loving they are!

No comments: