Friday, August 6, 2010

me- a health update

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm doing good- really good!

Honestly, I don't know anymore and probably have more unknowns since last I wrote but my mind is clearer and I'M FINALLY FEELING BETTER!!!!! I stopped using the topical cream the derm gave me and switched to a home remedy I found on a website that's working better. My mouth is still burning and there is some uncomfortablness but it's so much better and I'm managing. I think I've got control of my other outbreaks too and I'm hanging on!

I still have a derm follow-up next week and a family practioner visit to consult next week too. The following week I have allergy tests and I'm trying to schedule my mouth biopsy too. I'm still actively learning!

Reality is- I may never know exactly what this is. Perhaps all my symptoms will go away and I'll have no more problems. or maybe I'll have more outbreaks and then be able to get a true diagnosis. Or maybe, just maybe this was some weird virus thing that just needed to run it's course for a whole summer and it's nothing.

For now- I'm happy. Happy to be feeling better and moving forward. I still have my woe is me moments and when it hurts to kiss your husband and babies, those times are easy to focus on but I'm staying positive and I'm optimistic. This won't define me. I will!

Love you all!

No comments: