Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Fresh layer of paint, a fresh new look!

I've been wanting to paint the family room. It's the ONLY room left in our house that is white and was not painted 8 years ago when we first moved in. Brian thought I was crazy when, for Christmas, I asked for money to buy paint, pillows, curtains, etc. He thought it was silly. Me on the other hand, I was sick of white walls!

So, Monday night I decided to start prepping the space. Sadly, I forgot to take pics of what the room looked like before I tore it apart but here are the general pics I took after I taped and took down pictures ( while my kids played video games with daddy).



Tuesday was a snow day! The kids stayed in PJs all day. I let the kids help me paint a tiny bit and they were thrilled!

I only did 3 walls on day one and this is what it looked like by the end of the day! I love it and Brian loved it too!
Yesterday was another snow day and I spent it finishing up the last wall. Today I put the room all back together. I looks great and is so different! Brian and I can't believe we waited 8 years to do it! Still have to buy a curtain rod to put up the new, brown curtains but other than that, it's done!

3 comments:

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

It looks GREAT!!! I love it! The room looks so fresh & clean! Amazing! Enjoy the "new room"

Heather said...

The room looks amazing! Great job!

Rachel Kuna said...

wow! great job! I love the color of this paint. The room looks very rich and fresh.