Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Skate For Breast Cancer

Tonight was my sorority's annual fundraiser for Breast Cancer, a Skating party-SKATE FOR BREAST CANCER. We go every year and we always have fun but this year was by far the best ever. This year everyone got to skate. We had a blast and I was super impressed with both kids.

Al started off a bit nervous( look at his little face) but he was a trooper. He was literally jumping for joy for us to put his skates on and even though he fell lots, he never fusses, he never cried, and he laughed through it all.

Because Al was uncertain on his feet, going around the rink was exhausting for us as we had to hold him up, keep his balance and keep our balance too.
I took my turn with Al too. We fell a few times together as I'm not that confident on skates either but we had fun!
My back is killing me, by the way!
Mara was AMAZING!!!! Like most things, she was super resistant to get started. We borrowed skates for a friend of mine ( Thanks Lori) and thank God we did! I knew once we got there she would want to skate. I had to hold her down and sit on her to get the skates on and she screamed like I was beating her the whole time. Then I got her on her feet, held her hand and pushed her and she was done for the night- in heaven. The only time she fussed again was when we stopped skating. She never wanted to stop.
So proud of this little girl-no fear!
It helped us both that she was so much lighter. We could go around the rink two or even three times in the same amount of time it took AL to go once. She went around over and over and over and over.
The Fultons love to skate!!!!
We finished the night with a game of air hockey and the kids were exhauste ***
When Alaric decided he was done skating, he got off the rink, layed on the ground and started crawling to where our shoes were. One of his skates fell off and he realized crawling and dragging his feet was the way to get free.

This kid has grown up so much. Last year he never would have tried to skate on his own- my BIG BOY!!!And Mara is so impressive- what fun!!!

No comments: