Sunday, February 7, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!

So, My mother-in-law makes the best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER! Really, I'm being serious. It's not just me or Brian who thinks so but everyone who tries these things. I had them for the first time almost 8 years ago and have been trying to recreate them for years. It wasn't until this summer when I had her make them WITH me, that I learned a few tricks. Honestly, I still don't think mine taste as good as hers do but they are awesome and I just had to share the recipe!!!!

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

2/3 C. of Butter softened ( 10 2/3 TB)
2/3 C. Shortening
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. White Sugar
2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
Beat these ingredients. Then add...
3 C. Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda & 1 tsp Salt
12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Stir ( do not beat) together until fully combined or your arm is about to fall off
Use your hands to get everything mixed together
Spoon 4 rows of 4 onto cookie sheets
Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not wait for them to be golden brown. That's part of the secret. A tiny bit under cooked means the cookies will be extra soft and gooey!!!!
When the cookies have cooled slightly, move them to a cut-open brown paper bag. This will help absorb some of the grease and allow them a place to cool completely.
Eat them immediately when they are gooey and warm OR, once completely cool, put in Tupperware or a ziplock bag and put in the freezer. I don't know why this step is important but it really is. First of all, these cookies are TO DIE FOR frozen too. Brian and his dad both prefer these frozen. They freeze beautifully and defrost just as well and it seems to lock in it's freshness or perfectness or whatever. Just do it, it's what Chris does, so it's what we do too!
Enjoy!!!!


The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2/3 C. Butter ( softened) ( 10 2/3 TB)
2/3 C. Shortening
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. White Sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
Beat ingredients together
3 C. Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1tsp salt
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Bake 8-9 minutes. Place on brown paper bags
Eat immediately or let cool, put in container and freeze!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh yes, I"ve had them and think I ate half the plate at your anniversary BBQ party. Yummy, thanks for sharing the family secret!