Thursday, July 30, 2009

A new adventure

Today is my run around the house doing 8 million things day...we are leaving for the weekend tomorrow for a trip to the zoo with my family and then a family reunion for Brian's family so I have a huge list of things to get done. I told Bri before I left how guilty I hope I DONT feel when I keep the kids in the house all day and pray they stay entertained.

Anyway- at 8:45AM we hear all this rumbling outside and realize the city is oiling and chipping all the side streets and they are on CHARTER street! We spent the next half hour on the front steps observing, discussing, and waving to the city workers keeping our street nice.

Here is a dump truck putting gravel into the gravel distribution machine while it moves down the street.
Alaric and Amara watch in silence...well- not Alaric- he never stopped talking about the trucks.
Here is the oil machine- it drops the hot tar on the ground and makes big hot sizzling clouds as it does it.


Alaric and Amara walk to the sidewalk to see the trucks move down the road and to see the compressor trucks ( Alaric told me the name) move up and down the street pushing down the gravel.

It was a nice break to a busy morning!




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Alaric's HEAVEN with all the trucks. How easily kids can be entertained!