Monday, May 11, 2009

A WONDERFUL Mother's Day

I had the BEST weekend! First of all, Brian was HOME all weekend. That never happens plus this was his first Mother's Day home from work in 4 years ( since U of I commencement usually falls on the same weekend and Allerton has ceremonies). I was so excited before we did anything!

Friday night we watched a movie and ate popcorn. Saturday morning we spent in the yard working and cleaning out our carport. After the kids woke from their nap, we dressed in Illini gear and headed together to an Illini baseball game.

Alaric was excited to be at the game but more so to eat the soft pretzels. We weren't sure how Amara would do but she did GREAT!!! Luckily, we had enough room in our area for her to crawl around on the bleachers some.

We made it through the 6th inning-pretty good, I'd say! Before we left, we headed over to the grassy area to throw the ball around, watch the game and play!
Look how cute my boys are! Alaric wanted to dress just like Daddy!

Mara and I watched the game

THen, we dropped the kids off at my parents house and HAD A DATE NIGHT!!!!!!!! We went to Fridays for appetizers and drinks and then went to see State of Play ( with Ben Affleck and Russel Crow). It was a good movie. We then headed to Custard Cup for some ice cream ( we brought some for my parents as payment for babysitting) and picked up our kids and headed home.
Sunday I SLEPT UNTIL 7AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I woke up, Bri made a buge waffle and strawberry and bacon breakfast for everyone and then we opened gifts.


Alaric made me a big hug at school. He also made a special paper ornament ( hanging behind me in the picture) with our next door neighbor, June)




At school he painted me a beautiful painting and then framed it. It looks so great in our dining room, I think I might put it on the wall.

THen, Daddy gave me his gift which was this incredible family portrait!!!!!! His good friend from work, Eric, is an artist and does this amazing technique using a black canvas and then airbrushing with white. He did one for us a few years ago with just Alaric so I had been wanting one of the whole family.


Here's the closeup
Here's the picture he went from- isn't it amazing? I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT FRAMED!

Daddy also got me flowers


My secret sister from the Moms Group also sent me flowers!
We went to church and then headed to the Round Barn Banquet Center for Brunch with my brother and sister in law and their daughter, my parents, and My sister in law's parents.
It was nice. Mara was Mara. Here's one of her many funny faces!


We opened gifts at the table. My mom got a portrait of her grandkids from all three of them.
Here's my mom and her two kids and three grandkids!
And me and my babies!

We came home and took a LONG nap and then got ready for our bonfire in the backyard! We put a firepit in last summer but with the craziness of last year, we never burned. We invited our wonderful neighbors over last night for fire, beer, and smores.
Here's Alaric and Alyssa!

The whole group in the yard!

Alaric made his own Smores last night!

Sierra and Becca stayed warm in their hoodies!

It was a PERFECT Mother's Day weekend! I'm so blessed! Thanks Brian! I love you!

















No comments: