Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving with the Nelsons & Fultons in Galesburg!

We got to Galesburg Wednesday afternoon and immediately starting in with catching up, drinking, and playing games wtih family! This year's favorite game was Pictionary!
Look at my sweeties on Thanksgiving....who am I thankful for everyday of my life?My babies!!!

Brian and his dad carved the beautiful turkey.

While the rest of us stood around and chatted. Here Aunt Kathy tells the funniest story about an old lady telling her daughter to "shut the F#@* up!" Let me know if you want to hear it, its good.

Not everyone sat around, we all brought dishes to share. Brian and I tried something new this time-Ratatiouille. It was SO easy and so amazing. That's goat cheese on top. Let me know if you want the recipe. When I say easy, I mean EASY...I can make this!!!

After our bellies were filled to the brim, the adults cleaned up while Mara ate chocolate pie and worked on her alphabet with Uncle Jeff...I think they both loved the moment shared more than they let on.


While some people napped (teenagers!)



Another group of us went for a walk. it was nice to get some movement in our bodies. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out with family. It was wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments: