Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Well, yesterday started off very exciting with me reaching my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!!! 31 pounds lost in less than 7 months!!!!! How did I celebrate? Last night Brian, Alaric, and I split half a package of Oreos and Whole Milk!!!!! That's OK- it's a process and I'm still comitted...sometimes I just need Oreos!

Alaric pees or poops through his pull up and onto his sheets almost every night so the sweet boy gets all new sheets almost everyday. I love the simplicity of kids. Alaric and Alyssa decided it would be fun if we took the matress off the bed and put it on the floor. Sure enough, the jumping began and the kids were able to play, including Amara, for almost an hour. They jumped, they sat, they ate- you name it! What fun!

The weather yesterday was 95 with a heat index of 105...and the pool was closed!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I too can't believe it! The filters weren't working right and they were not able to see the bottom of the pool.

SO, my neighbor Staci and I created our own pool after naptime. We had three baby pools, a sprinkler, frozen grapes, popsicles, and lots of toys!

Here are Staci's twins she babysits ( Addison and Aubry) ready for the sun and enjoying their matching popsicles.

Some of the crew


Kaitlyn and Amara enjoy her new baby pool from Grammy and Papa.


Brian and our neighbor, D, played basketball while the kids played in the water.

Pre-teeners, Sierra and Becca just wanted to sunbathe but all the rest wouldn't let them!
It was a fun afternoon!!!
THIS JUST IN.......Amara is a dare devil!!!!!!! This morning, while playing outside ( all before 8AM so it wasn't too hot), she spent about 15 minutes trying to climb UP the front of our 5 1/2 foot slide in our backyard. She was so determined and wasn't fussing, I just let her keep trying ( knowing full well she would never get to the top)....I continued picking up sticks in the yard, etc.
All of a sudden, Brian and I look over and she's to the top!!!!!!!!!! She crawled all the way up the slide to the top BY HERSELF!! NO HELP!!!! God Help me!





No comments: