Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Very Special New Years Eve

With Brian in Chicago with friends and me home by myself with the kids, I wasn't expecting anything fun to happen today...then the door bell rang and the mail came.

I am a member of the The Moms Group of Monticello. We have special, secret "sisters" who we adopt throughout the whole year just to give notes of encouragement, fun gifts, etc. My first secret sis fell ill and had to leave the group so I was just assigned a new secret sister. She gave be a beautiful handmade picture frame with pics of my fam for Christmas ( and she probably doesn't even know yet that I'm a picture crazy lady). I was just expecting the regular card or small token gift to arrive at our next meeting in mid-January.

When the doorbell rang, i was surprised to see if was the flower shop delivering the most AMAZING flowers and champagne!!! Gerber Daisies and Blue Hydrangeas are my FAVORITE!!!!!!! The card said it was from my Secret Sister! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! This moms group has been such a blessing in my life so far this year and I already feel like I receive special gifts each time I do something with the group. Getting spoiled by a stranger is really fun and I'm so very grateful!

Then, the mail came!!! The local newspaper came and on the front page was the story about my church and our efforts to gather items for soldiers in Afghanistan. I assisted in organizing the hundreds of thousands of donations that will be sent oversees over the next year. I was interviewed by the newspaper the last week of November and when the story didn't run at all in December, I had given up on the coverage. De Harton, the soldier from my church, will be even more overwhelmed to see the local coverage. SO many groups were involved in collecting and I'm forever grateful and blessed!





What a great way to ring in the NEW YEAR!!! HAPPY 2009!

No comments: