Friday, February 13, 2009

Catching Up!

Well...the computer has been down for quite awhile and I've been feeling really vunerable not connected to my outside world through my computer. HEre's a catch up on what's been happening.

Last weekend was Cholcolate Fantasy in Monticello. All the businesses do things related to chocolate. The public library did a free Charlie and the Chocolate Factory day. They had readings from the book, chocolate tastings, coloring sheets, design your own candy wrapper, a cake walk...which they called candy bar walk. When your number was called, you won a full size candy bar. Alaric was so excited. He won three times. At then end, I asked him if he would consider putting one of his three back so another child could enjoy later- of course, he said yes!
They also had a guess how many m and m's contest. The little ones were really funny listening to. Alaric's friend, Kelton said 5. Alaric said 512. They both lost.


Saturday afternoon we went to the local bowling alley with The Moms Group of Monticello. What a great family activity. Alaric loves it almost as much as Bri and I.
Monday wasmy standar grocery shopping day while my parents took the kids. Instead of eating at their house, we headed to St. Matthew, my old school, to see all the teachers! Such fun! Shout outs to Mrs. Meade who checks my blog daily. I miss them all and it's so fun to see them again.
On Wednesday, Brian's mom came to visit for the day. It was raining and Bri was sick so he stayed home with Amara and we went to he indoor playground at First Christian Church! So amazing! There are hundreds of things to do but Alaric preferred to stay close by the fire engine and the cars.





That night, my heart swelled with pride at Alaric's twice-weekly swim lesson. He is doing AMAZING!. On Monday I started dunking him under the water and it did NOT go well- he screamed and choked and was very dramatic. He refused to lay on his back and float with his head and ears under the water.
Wednesday, Bri, Amara, and Chris all came and he was incredible. He floated on his back with his ears under the water and I probably dunked him 10 times and he never even cried. He choked some at the beginning and he can't seem to keep him mouth closed but I always told him what I was doing and he always let me.

Here I hold him in the "football" hold and he practices kicking and moving his arms.





Nana gave the kids their Valentines gifts too while she was here. Amara got her very own purse. It sings songs and talks and has lipstick, keys, a bracelet, a mirror, and money. I'm not quite ready for her to grow up this much yet but she seemed to love it!










1 comment:

The Buehnerkemper Family said...

Hey Katie! I love your blog! It's amazing! I really need to get mine updated - it's so far behind! I hope you've had a great weekend! I'll see you Thursday!