Thursday, December 23, 2010

Potty Time Again & a Playdate!

My niece, Veronica, is playing over at our house all day and we are all thrilled about it. My kids can play endlessly together with V.

After breakfast while changing clothes, I realized Mara was dry in her overnight diaper. I asked if she wanted to use the potty and she said yes.

I decided THIS MOMENT was the perfect chance. She would for sure go pee pee. She stayed dry overnight and just had a sippy cup of milk...if I wait long enough, for sure she'll pee....

...20 minutes later nothing ( and I was sick of reading books on the floor of the bathroom

...32 minutes later we heard Dan drop off V in the living room. We moved the potty to the living room so Mara could receive her guest ( and stay on the potty)

...46 minutes later I moved the potty in front of the mirror for a scenery change and to braid her hair.
look at that poor little bottom after sitting on the potty so long!
...one hour and 10 minutes in after running around the living room and reading every book in sight, the big kids wanted to watch a tv show so I moved the potty in front of the TV.

They only get a half hour of TV so when she STILL hadn't peed after more than an hour and 45 minutes sitting non-stop on the potty ( with lots of stomach pushing too) the kids wanted to play outside and I said " NO WAY- THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN! How about snack!"
The big kids sat at the table and Mara sat on the floor with a tray...1 hour and 55 minutes in.
...after snack there was still nothing so I brought out the coloring books and crayons and let them color ( Amara with her tray).
I went to switch loads of laundry and I hear, " I PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED Momma!!!"
I went running upstairs to see Amara, V, and Al standing over a very full potty. We all were thrilled! She gets cupcakes tonight after dinner for her acheivement!!!



Then we headed outside for an hour to play in the snow ( Amara wore a diaper)

Mara wanted to be in big girl undies when we came inside and although I was already exhausted from the early morning battle, I did it. After one pee pee in her pants and a poop too, we both agreed it was a good time for the diaper.
Look at our messy bathroom after a hard morning of potty training!!! We'll try again after our Christmas travels!!!
SHE PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD
The kids run, run, run to work on getting some pee out!

No comments: