Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today it's my Birthday!

It started with breakfast in bed! Chocolate pancakes from scratch, homemade strawberry syrup, and whip cream...oh and bacon and cantalope too!
The kids LOVE sharing breakfast in bed with us!
Then I opened a special gift from Alaric...a Twix bar- my favorite!
Next, Brian and the kids presented me with a happy birthday frame with their signatures and my favorite pics of me and each of them- It was amazing!
FInally I read the sweetest card ever from Bri and instructions for my day. We would go for a walk and to the park with the kids and then I would meet my mom in Champaign for a long lunch at Chili's. Then off to get an hour long massage!
Brian said no housework and no diapers for the day...I had plenty of time to lay on the floor with Alaric and work on his new puzzle!When we said it was time for a walk, Amara went crazy getting her coat and glasses on!
Nicks Park in Monticello is one of our favorite destinations! Me and my almost FOUR YEAR OLD!!!
Look at me and my angel!!! God, I love them!


There are no pics of the rest of the day but it was incredible. I spent two hours talking non-stop with no interupptions at lunch with my mom. Didn't talk at all for an hour while I got my massage, and when I got home had even more surprises. We played outside at our neighbors for an hour or so and then our 13 year old neighbor took both kids at her house and fed them dinner and babysat them so Brian and I could have time to ourself!

We made dinner together sipped wine and talked ( brian made me my favorite meal, Chicken Katie...herbed chicken and goat cheese wrapped inside a puff pastry and covered in a white wine sauce), we sat in the living room and talked, and then went to DQ and talked. It's amazing how much you can say and do when you aren't being dragged in 10 different directions from your kids and not having to talk about trucks and cars and dolls and Elmo- it was heaven!

We picked the kids up at, 7, put them down early, watched LOST ( our favorite TV show) and headed to bed early.

Thanks Brian for making my day so extra special and thinking about what a really needed! It was perfect! I love you!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds like an amazing day. You deserve it!

JF said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great day.

Heather said...

What an awesome day! Love you!